Name: Troy Dunsmore
Alias/Screen name: Trexxx44
Location: San Diego,CA
When did you start BMX/BMXCollecting: I rode BMX bikes back in the 80’s when I was a teenager. I was called back to the world of BMX about 3 years ago. haha.. and have been building,riding and collecting ever since then.
How many bikes in your collection (Complete and Incomplete): Currently I have 5 completes and 2 that I’m working on.
Brief Bio about yourself: Grew up in San Diego..loving life
– Year: 1982-83
– Frame make and model: Hutch Expert Racer
– Fork make and model: Hutch Expert Racer
– Handle Bar make and model: 3rd Gen.Hutch Pro Bars
– Grips: NOS Ame’ bubble fonts
– Stem: Pro-Neck
– Headset: NOS Tange MX-3 with a Hutch 2-in-1 headset lock and a NOS S.S.T. Dirt Skirt
– Seat post: NOS Profile
– Seat clamp: Hutch (JDB)
– Seat: NOS Kashimax Aero
– Rim Set: 1st Gen. ACS Z-Rims laced to dated 83 SR high flange hubs
– Tires: NOS Cheng-Shin fat/skinny
– Cranks: Sugino Super Maxy with sealed bottom bracket
– Spider/Chainring/Sprocket: NOS SR chainring 42t with NOS Sugino chainring bolts
– Chain: Yaban
– Freewheel: NOS Shimano 16t
– Pedals: NOS MKS
– Brake Set: Dia-Compe MX900 with Dia-Compe Tech 3 lever
– Misc parts: Zap Hutch padset
How long did it take you to build it: A year and a half. I’ve changed up
this bike quite a bit.
Special/Key features: Original chrome frame and fork
Shout outs/Thank yous: Thanks to my daughter Summer Dunsmore for taking
the pictures for me and Jeremy Ellis for the polish work.
Next project BMX bike:1984 Redline Proline PL20 & 1985 Hutch Pro Raider